Skip to main content

Week 5, partisan=cartoons

Where my money at ?

I chose to make my political meme about the stimulus checks. Personally, I feel almost guilty taking that money, not from the government. But, I don't need it. I'm barely eligible, really. My amazing father gives me allowance, much less pays for literally everything else. And, I know there are people struggling so much more than me and all my other college friends that are randomly claimed as independent by our parents for whatever reason.

That's the reason why I gave $500 of my last $600 stimulus check back to my father. He doesn't need it either, but it's the principle.

But, I still want my money! Especially if its $1,400. Do you know how much gas station wine I could buy with that? I certainly do.

My father raised my older twin brothers and I as a single father our entire lives. Yes, our entire lives. So I decided I could either save my money, spend my money, or give it to my father since I spend his money.... He was very appreciative and thought I was mature for doing so. 

At first with my family it was kind of a joke. My brothers and I got an email and some texts from my dad in the beginning of the pandemic telling us we could get the stimulus check and how to do so. When they arrived, my dad had the time of his life pretending there was no way in hell he was giving out free, three thousand dollar checks to his spoiled kids.

And, we got an even bigger kick out of it that our man Donald Freaking J. Trump even gave us that money himself!!!!!!!!!!! *sarcasm*

However, now I'm starting to feel real guilty about the misgivings others are really needing this governmental aid from. This blog perked my interest and I found some amazing charities that gives back to those impacted severely by COVID-19 which I will consider supporting when/if there is a third stimulus check.

At the end of the day though, that's a lot of freaking gas station wine!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did the Press Treat Ida B. Wells (if at all)?

The Press and Ida B. Wells Ida B. Wells was a significantly reported on journalist, but it wasn't always like that. The press was not good to her. The color of her skin and the hatred and ignorance at the time, posed quite the struggles for Wells her entire life.  Wells was not a stranger to the repercussions of lynching and it was not until she began to outwardly and powerfully oppose lynching in Memphis, she was published. First, her investigative journalism was first published by herself in a pamphlet (Tucker). It was when two of her friends were lynched for supposedly starting a racial riot when Wells began to be incredibly active in the anti-lynching efforts of America, and started to be a published and well-know and respected journalist. In the matter of how the press treated Wells, it was not good. Wells was know to be able to handle a jab like any other man in the newspaper world, but it was her feminine looks that were scrutinized the most.  In an article outlining We...

Week 3 history and workings of the supreme court

The Supreme Court and its workings     The Supreme Court of the United States is the highest court in the judiciary system with 9 judges all presidentially appointed. Some Supreme Court positions are served longer than the president that appointed them, or an entire lifetime.      The Supreme Court is held in the highest regard with the utmost respect, often giving the process and the judges an intimidating reputation; but it is not to be forgotten that these judges are people too, and although people of the law, they are just in their decision makings and have learned to be in a high position representing a great majority.     However, there can be bias as presidents have been known to try and influence the court's majority  opinion by appointing specific officials as judges, some with success, some not so lucky.     Receiving hundreds of thousands of cases a year, the Supreme Court has its own protocol and...

Final Post

 Wars, the Press, and the Public The relationship between government and journalism is a very grey area. On one hand, the government relies heavily on journalism for the mass communication of news aiming other things, however, journalists often pose a threat to the governmental officials that are not doing their jobs.  In the journalism world, it is the utmost duty to expose the truth and governments try to limit how much these writers can really publish about the truth.  In my opinion, the relationship between the government and journalism, especially in the US, should be a cohesive partnership working for the betterment of society. The "watchdog role" of journalism applies to a lot when it comes to wars and wartime. For one, the main purpose of the watchdog role is to fact check and site all information form governmental sources or simply, just to increase the article's legitimacy. This is incredibly important during wartime's because the people need to be able to t...